Houseplants require specific conditions for development, especially air humidity. In winter, when heating systems are running indoors, humidity levels can drop, which negatively affects the health and growth of plants. One effective method for increasing the humidity around indoor plants is to use a tray with pebbles.
About this writes ukr.media.
The importance of humidity for indoor plants
Humidity plays a key role in the health and growth of indoor plants. Placing plants in rooms with dry air can cause leaves to curl, edges to dry out and flowers to be damaged.
How the pebble tray works
The pebble tray is a simple and effective means of increasing the humidity around plants. It consists of a flat tray filled with water and pebbles partially submerged in water. As the water evaporates, the moisture spreads around the plants, creating a more favorable atmosphere.
Benefits of using a tray with pebbles:
- Moisture Enhancement Helps to maintain optimal humidity levels for indoor plants.
- Easy to use: Creating and using a pebble tray requires no special skills or tools.
- Cost-effective: Pebbles are an affordable and budget-friendly way to increase humidity without spending money on expensive equipment.
How to make a pebble tray:
- Choose a suitable tray: Choose a flat, shallow tray that is suitable for placing under the plant pot.
- Fill the tray with water: Add enough water to the tray so that the pebbles are partially submerged in the water.
- Spread the pebbles Spread the pebbles evenly over the surface of the water in the tray.
- Place the pot with the plant on the tray with pebbles so that its bottom does not touch the water.
Recall, we have already written what indoor plants do not need sunlight.
Want to receive the most relevant news about the war and events in Ukraine - subscribe to our Telegram channel!